Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Don't you wish your vacation was hot like me

Dumbest title ever, but sometimes I just think things are funny when they pop in my head. This isn't even a real post, it's just a post to tell you that a real post will be appearing soon. I'm just in a little over my head these days with a on-again off-again gallbladder sick husband, a kitchen that was torn apart a few days before vacation, post vacation laundry and messiness combined with post vacation children off their schedules. Oh and don't forget that we can't really cook or do anything normal without a kitchen so the mess has spread exponentially.

What I'm trying to say is this: if you come by, don't call hoarders or one of those organizational hgtv shows. We're just a little buried, but the good news is that we're buried alive! (that doesn't sound so hopeful now that I think about it). :)

7 comments:

Mellifluous Mommy said...

So fun to hear from you again! For those of us addicted to your post the withdrawal pains have been *awful*! :)

Glad you're letting us come see you this weekend despite the craziness. PLEASE (please please please) don't go to super-human lengths to get your house back to normal before we come. We know you well enough to know your home is normally amazing and we know children/vacation/house guests well enough to know how stressful all those factors can be when they come together. Can't wait to see you!!

Missy said...

I love the title. I can never think of good ones. And I can't wait to hear all about your vacation.

BexxT said...

Did you know I have been checking this blog like twice a day since August 18th? Now that you know that, feel guilty. And please don't tell me that you wonder about my social life/free time. I know that I am pretty much the lamest person alive.

And seriously. If this Texas summer heat doesn't end soon I am going to die. DIE.

Okay, end rant. I love ya- and I can't wait to see the kitchen. I was so excited when I saw the sneak peak on FB.

Anne said...

Can't wait to see the finished product with crown molding. Hope John gets better soon!

RaeLynn said...

I just got off the phone w/ Hoarders and they'd like to do a documentary on your home. Are you in?

RaeLynn said...

We're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting...

Valerie said...

Oh my gosh, I feel so bad for your hubby! Gallbladder pain is THE WORST and I hope he gets it out soon! I wish I hadn't waited since I ended up having to have emergency surgery because of the stupid thing. Having a sick and in pain spouse is no fun, so I hope he's doing better.