Sunday, November 27, 2011

crazy I tell ya

I was back reading my old blog and this post made me SUPER homesick for my Utah friends. I miss the old book club, and the reason I had for having pretend fancy parties. I think it's time to start another book club, perhaps titled The Finer Things Numero Dos. Have you read any amazing books lately? I am in the market for some amazing reads.
I miss these fun and funny women

Also, I finished my little project and forgot to take pictures while there was light outside. Darn it all. On the plus side, what an awesome weekend we had. I got to have a Mommy-Daughter date and we went to see a movie. We've begun the parent-daughter date thing just recently and it has been great. Hopefully we will keep it up every now and again, because Maddy loves it and I know Grant will too. So far he gets quality one-on-one time at home with the parent that is not on the date, so it works out great for everyone.

Oh and guess what? I didn't take a single picture of our thanksgiving feast. Can you believe it? And I did that on purpose. Who would have thought that I would do something just for the sheer joy of living it and not just for the love of blogging. Crazy, just plain crazy I tell ya. :)

5 comments:

luvnmy10 said...

I am intrigued with the book club concept..how does it work? What if you haven't been able to finish the book? Is it only for the literary genius type or for regular folks like me who just like to read when they can squeeze in a book? These are my questions.

the emily said...

I've never done a book club but this Friday is our second meeting and it's so exciting! Only I haven't read the book yet. Blast! Ours isn't fancy like yours but we did have delicious food nonetheless.

I didn't take a single Thanksgiving picture either. That might have something to do with not having a camera, but still, it's a feat for me.

Gabrielle said...

That was a super fun party. :(

maugers said...

I love book group! I've been doing one here for about 4 years now, and it's still going strong! I just read a book that I think you'd REALLY enjoy called "Corelli's Mandolin'. And yes, it was a movie, but I never saw it. My two hints... 1. Il Duce is Musselini (and he's insane) and 2. don't google the island unless you want to ruin the book, completely ruin it :)

It's historical fiction and just really good. Good luck starting another finer things :)

Tooele Brezoff said...

I miss you and book club.