Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ah Snap

On Friday my sister called and we had the following conversation:

Me: "Hey, how are you?"

Sister: "Good. How about you? What projects are you going to do this weekend?"

Me: "Nothing, I don't always have to be doing a project you know."

Sister laughs. I take umbrage. 

Then I think....hey wait a cotton-picking minute, why don't I have a project this weekend?? I need a project STAT!

I am so predictable.

I would show you pictures, but our project ran into some snafus. But we never give up. It's gonna look awesome. Also, I bought a piece of furniture at a garage sale. I told John about it and how cheap it was and I measured and hummed and hawed and finally decided to pull the trigger after talking the lady's price down more. I got it all the way home and then it was just a smidge too big for the spot I wanted it for. 

Ah Snap.


So then I moved it to our bedroom. I did all of this while John was gone on a Daddy-Daughter date with Maddy (they picked Chuck E. Cheese as their "place of bonding." That is my idea of a "place of wanting to give up the will to live." One man's treasure....) Anyway, John came home and I was slightly nervous to see how he would react to the new arrangement (that man is kind of averse to change, and you would think he was used to it being married to me!) but he really loved the furniture. It's a real bona fide antique--real wood--I think mahogany. I fell in love with the hardware and fancy legs. I'll take pictures next time, I promise. I'm feeling lazy and it's dark outside. But maybe you get bored of all of these house change posts? That's kind of my sort of boring.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

how exciting! I can't wait to see it! I love antique

Kelly said...

LOL, good times. Justin's date of choice is the park, and the 50cent ride at Kmart! lol. Chuckey Cheese, I can see that as being a fun place for a kid though, despite the scarey rat.. Excited to see pictures! My baby room is almost ready for pictures! Just need the vinyl and magnets and I am ready to take pictures!

Carrie said...

I liked the oh snap! picture of Lucy! I still love those shows!

Tricia said...

I so feel the same way as you about Chuck E Cheese. The very last time we went there someone took ONE of Tommy's shoes - not both, only one! He was about 5 - he's 21 now and we have never been back!