Monday, December 12, 2011

bet you didn't know

bet you didn't know that I skipped town this week. I decided that being a single mom was for the birds and went to go visit my aunt and uncle and cousins down in Florida. It was the best move I could have made, and I almost didn't go because the drive with two kids by myself freaked me out. But we survived it and had a really great time. If you know my Aunt Venita, you already know why I had a blast. She is one of the funniest and funnest people to be around. Thanks to my Orlando family!

We got home on Saturday and John finally came home on Sunday. I sincerely and truly salute all of the moms that have husbands in the military that leave for months at a time. I don't know how they do it. One week had me begging for mercy. Now you know how much a wimp I am.

And now....Christmas is almost upon us. I am feeling pretty happy about this, but also fairly broke thanks to my impromptu Florida getaway and John having to pay for his business trip and then be reimbursed (ugh, seriously amazon?? You can't afford to just straight out pay for your employee's business trips? Especially around Christmas?) But the Florida trip was worth it, so we'll just tighten the purse strings a bit. Being broke around Christmas seems fitting anyway, doesn't it?

Lastly, I made Maddy's gift for her preschool teacher. Did I show you the inspiration? I didn't take a photo of my finished product mostly because it looked just like the original. It looked cute and her teacher made the cookie dough there at the preschool during the time Maddy was there! I took that as a good sign. :)



I bought the containers and labels (and got the idea) from Garnish. Cheap, cute, easy. The trifecta of preschool teacher gift awesomeness.

So how are you feeling about Christmas being this close? What are you doing for your kids' teacher gifts?

1 comment:

the emily said...

SO CUTE. I still don't know what I'm doing for teacher gifts. I better step on that since I only have until Friday...and I have three teachers to give to. And my kids have to get a present for a classmate...and I need to do something for the people we home/visit teach...the list never ends. I wish I could take a jaunt to Florida. So fun!