Saturday, December 24, 2011

Warm Wishes from the South

Everyone is doing cute recaps of their year, and it make me think back over our year. The fact of the matter is, it would be easy to focus on the non-banner nature of our year. There have certainly been lots of challenges for our family and we are still in the thick of it. But you know what, after being in a funk for a few days over things that are happening, I can only think today how honestly lucky we have been. My children are all healthy and at home. My husband has healed from his surgery--from a illness that fifty years ago probably would have simply killed him. We have clean running water, indoor plumbing, comfortable beds, good food, and all the support of so many. It's a wonderful life. No doubt about it. There are challenges, but I know that is normal. So today I am taking a vacation from my problems bob, because there is too much to be grateful for this time of year.

 We love y'all. Here's to a better 2012.
 

7 comments:

Mona said...

Merry Christmas Dear Sweet Family!
Thank you for a wonderful, uplifting post. You are truly blessed and now you have blessed all of us. ~_~

Emily Foley said...

That is such a sweet post. I love all of the pictures and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you! It IS a wonderful life.

Teagan said...

Merry Christmas to an awesome Family. I hope 2012 brings you even more luck.

maugers said...

Well said :) Your grandma gave me a christmas hug today! I was pretty sure she was thinking of you when she gave it, so get that hug feeling ready because I'm sending some of it to you (I wanna keep some too :)
Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

Such cute pics. I like the first one of grant looking up at his mommy!

Tara, Doug, Isaac, and Lucy said...

Merry Christmas to y'all too, Jenn:). I'm praying for you. And I love the posts you deem "blah" or ba humbuggish because they are honest, true, and benevolent--and well-written. You'll want to remember it all, and I'll never advocate straight happy posts. They don't show living. But it is a wonderful life, and I appreciate your sweet family Christmas card!

Missy said...

Love the Christmas card and all the pictures! Merry Christmas!