Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I have felt busy this past week. My brother-in-law has been staying with us and somehow this has filled up my time having him around. He actually has been very instrumental in letting me get lots done while he watches and plays with the kids. It's been great. I wish I could hire him as my manny. (that's a guy that's a nanny, for my Mom who doesn't talk the lingo). I'm super young and super hip, so I got to keep my Mom up-to-date....okay I saw it on a hallmark movie. I'm not sure if it's even a thing. You caught me.
My Manny Joey and my gadget obsessed one year old

Anyway, the point is, I completely switched everything from the last post up. Just when you got all attached and everything I know. I'm sorry, I am a creature of change. I just love it. Mostly I have decided that I want my life to be as clean and white and non-cluttered as possible. This is not really super possible with two little kids, but I am doing my best to just get rid of extra stuff, and it feels good. I still feel like I have a ways to go--how come kids toys seem to get out of hand SO dang easily?? I swear I just went through their stuff.



Also, you should probably be aware that this is the week of pinterest food. I decided that since I have a temporary manny that I can have time to cook new and fattening things. I will have to go on a detox super diet afterwards, but that's okay. Tonight we had artichoke dip encrusted bread. It was amazing. Seriously so so so good. Everyone loved it except for Maddy who doesn't love anything that is not a hot dog or a macaroni covered in cheese. Coming up next are: the best burger in the world (so says the recipe, I intend to find out for YOU!), Cafe Rio Pork Salad, and lots of crockpot recipes that look good.

Have you tried anything recently from pinterest that was delicious?

Lastly, in a completely not related note, I started composing a blog post in my head while I was driving. I only belatedly realized that I might be weird for doing that. Interestingly, it was not the post I am writing now. I started separating the difficult experiences that I have had in my life into things that either A. made me tougher, and B. made me more vulnerable. The surprising thing I realized while doing this is that most things ended up on both lists. I'll give you some examples:

Tougher                                                                  More Vulnerable

Being a mother                                                               Being a mother

Going through my parents divorce                                 Going through my parents divorce

etc. etc. etc.

It was a break through and I immediately wanted to share it with all of you. But it probably deserve it's own write up, and it's probably too boring/introspective/personal, and I am trying to be ALL about the boundaries. So...maybe that's enough. Have you thought of your experiences in that way before? Interesting. Also, I just realized that if I googled strong and tough, it would probably bring up toilet paper pictures. So....take what you will from this hodge podge of information. ha!

4 comments:

Emily Foley said...

I totally compose blogs in my head. My funniest blogs always start with me in the shower. I mean, there's not a lot to do in there but wash and think, am I right?

I hate change, I can't believe how much you like it. It's like the worst thing ever for me. Then again if I had a beautiful house like you and was your next-door-neighbor and you could influence me for good, I might like it. Otherwise, no.

Mostly the things I try on pinterest are treats, but that bread is looking mighty deeelish for a superbowl party.

Melanie and Jared said...

I want to eat that! Soooooo yummy!

Tooele Brezoff said...

love the idea of a Manny! I want one too and a cook, maid and personal pedicure person!
the bread looks divine!
and I really Miss you! just have to say it!

Tara, Doug, Isaac, and Lucy said...

Jenn, I just caught up on your blog--it took me three days:). I love your posts, and my favorites are the ones about how you are doing. You can be all about boundaries as long as you keep sharing:). Honestly, I beg my students to write what they care about, so it should be no surprise to you that you write about what matters, right? Your family will call you blessed when you put your blog into a great big book and call it the family journal:).