Wednesday, January 11, 2012

they don't keep

Poor Grant was really not feeling good today. It's been a rough couple of weeks for him health-wise, but it seems like it came to head today. Poor guy. He is usually Mr. Independence (and Mr. Smiley, a winning combination), but today he snuggled into my shoulder several times and fell asleep. Perched like a tiny snuggled sad baby bird.
not the best quality cell phone picture, but the adorableness shines through.

And even though I could have put him straight into his crib, I sat and rocked and rocked and rocked. I rubbed his back. I kissed his soft head.

I love you Grant, until my heart wants to burst I love you. I love that when your independence no longer serves you, you finally turn to Mommy, because that is where I always want to be--waiting to fold you into my arms so tight. You're growing up. And someday you'll be thirty and rocking your baby, and you will know how full my heart was today.



The cleaning and scrubbing
will wait till tomorrow,
for Children grow up,
as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Sweet baby!

luvnmy10 said...

Made me cry. They sure do grow up way too fast!

Kelly said...

Look at those baby legs! Snuggling with sick babies is the best thing! Lylia snuggled with me yesterday and I just ate it all up! Hope he is on the up and up, my dr said it is viral and will go away really soon!

Missy said...

So sweet! I need to remember to enjoy my little guy even though it's a little rough right now. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It gives me hope!