Monday, February 20, 2012

ramble ramble


I don't have anything fancy to say except for the fact that I have a new niece named Megan and she is cute. I also have been busy trying to sew a slipcover for my old gross ottoman (to mixed results). We hung some beadboard wallpaper in the kids bathroom along one wall tonight (looks good so far).  Also, Grant managed to scrape his face up on a basket that holds toys a few days ago. I am starting to get super paranoid about how much he manages to injure himself/be injured while in my care (well in my defense, the basket incident happened on Dad's watch), but I recently closed two of his fingers into the van door, and that was the worst. It of course happened the day after we got his stitches out and I cried more than he did and rushed him to the Urgent Care center (no broken bones, and he started clapping and smiling ten minutes after it happened), but still, I felt like the worst mom in america. Poor Grant, is it just my baby that seems to be getting hurt so often lately? I think it's the walking so young thing.



And on a completely different note, I decided against having someone paint our living room in trade for a photo session because I'm a complicated woman. I also found a chair cover at Goodwill for my flower chair. Things are a'happenin' in my living room I tell you. It's just taking me a while to get them to a place that I really love.

Well I'm just rambling on about nothing much.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a Cadbury caramel egg and watch some dumb girl show. I have priorities people.

3 comments:

Mellifluous Mommy said...

Love the blog redesign! Very fun!

Sorry to hear about Grant though: yuck. I wonder if it's a boy thing? The girls have been relatively tame when it comes to injuries but I just keep getting worried that when this boy comes he's going to rock our world... :)

Emily Foley said...

how about when Zoe fell off the stage at church...onto her FACE? or when she slammed her fingers in the piano at play group? believe me, you're not alone in the hurt children department.

what a sweet baby! Congratulations!

Missy said...

Congrats to Kelly! She's a beauty.
And you are talking to a mom that has had 2 kids with broken arms in less than a year. Yeah, not the best of times.
I also didn't know you were a Mary Poppins freak. Too bad you weren't closer and could've come. You would have loved it!
And I LOVE your new blog design here as well as your photo blog. I need to learn how to do this stuff. So cute!