Friday, March 16, 2012

We had a visitation





I should mention that hanging the spoons as a sneaky leprechaun trick did not yield the intended effect. Instead of making Maddy giggle at that silly leprechaun, she was incensed that he would dare hang up our spoons. ha


She later thought it was funny when we explained the spoon thing to her, and she decided to draw a picture of Lucky the Leprechaun. I don't know about you, but that looks like a four year old attempt at a Wanted poster if I've ever seen one. Watch your back Lucky, she's got your number.


p.s. we know it's not technically st. patrick's day today, but since it was celebrated at school we moved it up a day too.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I am glad you put that it wasnt today because I was sad I planned corned beef for tomorrow! Your so creative!

Missy said...

Love it! You are such a fun mom. I usually just do a green dinner and leave the mischievous leprechauns at school. :)

Emily Foley said...

So funny! I was actually going to say "St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow..." Hilarious.

maugers said...

You're definitely the fun mom... I told my kids that some moms did that on St. Patty's day, but I never have. :)
So, chickens... yes, we are urban farmers now :) I've heard it's easy, we'll see. And we don't have rats here (colorado weather), so we shouldn't have that problem. Honestly, no cockroaches, chiggers, moles, rats, so lucky!

Lori said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I was better at making holidays special. I'm not even wearing green today. But I'm used to being pinched at least once a day from one of the kids :) Love the hanging spoons!

KristenG said...

What a super cute idea with the spoons. I also love your decorations.

val said...

Love the spoons too. Cute momma.

RaeLynn said...

Ha! Very cute. I can just see her all aghast--those leprechauns are little stinkers.