Tuesday, April 3, 2012

20 lbs of brown sugar

 I've been sick this weekend and sent John to the store to buy medicine and sore throat remedies. Sunday morning I opened to the refrigerator to see these three huge cans of cinnamon rolls. I turned to John and said something to the effect of, "what in the what??" He grinned sheepishly and admitted that he had tried to "do the coupon thing you do" and thought the coupon was 55 cents off of each package, but it was really just 55 cents off of three packages.

Immediately I knew how Marilla Cuthbert probably felt after Matthew brought 20lbs of brown sugar home.



Good times, good times.

8 comments:

luvnmy10 said...

I love Marilla! And brown sugar! And you, welcome back!

Jodi & Chris Reeve said...

Haha, that is a funny story! I wanted to tell you we are in contract on our house! I didn't want to post on my blog because we aren't telling our family, but you have been a big support through the last 30 plus months of this frustration! We aren't too excited because we have been in contract before, but it is better than not being in contract, right? haha

Missy said...

Haha! Shawn did that exact thing! They sure know what they're doing with the fine print. :)

Emily Foley said...

Yeah I've tried that too, it never works for me. Ugh.

maugers said...

I LOVE that you immediately thought of Marilla Cuthbert! I'm sorry to say that I didn't know her name... for shame! I hope you feel better soon. Our chickens are growing and doing awesome, and yes, we are going to use them for eggs... and we have no idea what we're getting ourselves into. Fun fun!

val said...

Lol on the cuthberts!!

Kelly said...

This is hilarious! I more than anyone can appreciate this analogy!

Carrie said...

I laughed out loud when I read that last part =D