Thursday, June 7, 2012

secrets, babies, and dorks

my dear friends, I have had many many folks ask us why we are moving, and what is going on, and all of that stuff. i hate to be a let-downer, but I am going to keep you in suspense for a while longer. I just don't want to talk about things unless it looks very highly likely that we are going anywhere. i guess you could just consider us putting our house on the market as a test...a test that we intend on following up with a move if it goes well. and if no one buys it...well, then we may look at other options.

we are so mysterious. i know, it's annoying. I just can't share yet. I'm weird about moving like that, I seriously don't know why. but i love you all just the same. hope you'll be patient with my privacy/superstitious quirkiness.

and just so you can end this post on a laugh, Maddy asked us tonight "how babies get into a mommy's tummy." we tried to pass it off with a generic answer...mommies, daddies, get married and then magic, babies!! but she was not having it and said, while talking more slowly and enunciating, as if she were talking to the village idiots, "no mom and dad, how do they get IN mommy's tummy?" as if she were looking for the scientific process. I managed to stave her off with more generic stuff, but seriously, i was losing my ever-loving cool. I was so not ready. and john and i laughed over her head afterwards.

heaven help us, we are such dorks.

6 comments:

Emily Foley said...

Just tell her! No seriously. Not the gross mechanics of it, but, you know, the basics. I keep waiting for our kids to ask but they never have. Phew. Isaac did ask where the baby comes out once, and I said "The birth canal." He said, "Can I see it?" HAHAHAHAHA! NOOOOO!

luvnmy10 said...

I love your quirkiness, and not dork-ness. Secrets are nice to keep and when you are ready, nice to share. We will all be here waiting to hear : ).

Kellie said...

Good luck with the selling of the house, but we will be sad to see you guys good. Love this picture of maddy. Kids say the darndest things don't they? Natalie asked me after we went to the zoo recently what makes a girl zebra different than a boy zebra...I explained but man it was awkward!

Missy said...

I guess there's just no forcing you! :) I remember when brinley asked all those questions. Now we've had a full blown birds and bees talk. They grow up fast!

Melanie and Jared said...

That is an amazing picture, she looks like she could be an actress

thedomesticfringe.com said...

lol. Sometimes the smallest kids ask the toughest questions.

You totally have me intrigued about your move. Can't wait to hear more. When you're ready of course. ;-)

Hey, I'm hosting a giveaway today. You might like something for your kids...
http://thedomesticfringe.com/2012/06/11/hello-monday-surprise-inside/

~FringeGirl