Monday, July 30, 2012

growing pains

my hair is currently in the stages between cute and pretty. what that means in plain english is that I am in the process of growing it out.


we've all been there--we want to cut it because we don't think we can take one more day of the ugly, and yet we don't want to start all over. hey, we cry, these are real problems!


the savage family is in the space between being under contract and closing on our home. we're close to being done with our house, and yet we are still having to sink more money into it as we fix the buyer's to-do list. we wish we could just tell them to fix everything themselves by golly! but then...we don't want to start all over of course. we are so close, but we are between here and there.


my girl is sounding out the letters. she is starting to string them together and making words. she gets frustrated that she can't read as fast as she wants. her mind is quick and her reading frustrates, elates, and slows her down. she is in between nothing and everything and it irritates and thrills her.


i feel my growing pains working on my soul, and I choose to believe that they will reveal something ultimately sublime. i choose to believe in the idea that someday these moments of the in-betweens are growing me into something healthy, robust, and strong. all of that, and a hairstyle to match.


i choose to believe in the big picture. even if it hurts sometimes. but, hey now folks, we are always in the middle of something, and i am learning that that is the recipe of life. if the bread isn't rising, it's probably right in the middle of the heat baking. only a small part of the whole process is eating that hot bread with butter.









i still choose to believe. there's still so much good in the in-betweens. (deep breath)


8 comments:

jane said...

You are already between sublime and trascendently wonderful! The photos are perfect. Thanks for sharing them! love and hugs

Kelly said...

True story! Love the pictures!!! I am amazed at how big grant is and how longmaddys hair is. What is her picture made of?

luvnmy10 said...

: )

RaeLynn said...

Yeah! Comments are back on! I just have to shout a big old hallelujah, amen to this post. We are nothing BUT stuck in the in-between and even though I wish I was devouring that buttered bread, I definitely don't want it to be doughy, so I'm gonna let it finish baking (even though it pains me terribly).

RaeLynn said...

You may have just inspired my next blog post, my friend.

RaeLynn said...

Yeah! Comments are back on! I just have to shout a big old hallelujah, amen to this post. We are nothing BUT stuck in the in-between and even though I wish I was devouring that buttered bread, I definitely don't want it to be doughy, so I'm gonna let it finish baking (even though it pains me terribly).

Kellie said...

Yeah! You are selling your house! That didn't take to long, we still need to get together before you leave though. I know how you feel about the in between hair, I go back and forth between long and short hair and the in between in the most frustrating part!

Emily Foley said...

I hate growing out my hair. The worst. But you'll be glad you did, if you can stick it out! If not, short is cute too.

Also, did you read the Home Teaching message this month? It's about always being in the middle of something. I loved it. Uchtdorf, I think.