Sunday, September 23, 2012

low key lucky

This weekend we didn't do a whole lot because we are all sort of sick. I've had a pretty terrible cough for the past week and a half, and Grant has a cold as well. So far Maddy and John seem to be doing okay, but we're thinking John might be coming down with it too. So we kept things low key.
We visited Target to let Maddy buy a toy with the money she had saved up (she bought a Princess and the Pop Star Barbie, very thrilling). Grant fell in love with the Lego man and kept trying to hold his lego hand. It was possibly the cutest thing I've seen in a long while.

Maddy had some extra money because she lost her first tooth! Before she even lost it another tooth started growing in behind it (which you can see if you look closely). The tooth right next to it is now also loose and has a tooth growing behind it. I seriously cannot believe how quickly she grows teeth. It's sorta weird.
I helped her pull it out because it was kind of necessary, and she cried and I felt really bad about it. But then it came out and she was so proud and excited. I gave her a popsicle to make up for it. It seemed to do the trick.

Here she is checking out her new smile. So cute
Here's Mr. Grant, not feeling so good so he plopped himself down on the floor to "gull" his blanket. (his pronunciation for snuggle). Have I mentioned how cute this boy is?

He grew out of all of his pants, and with the move and losing the job, I was waiting to buy him clothes until we had some extra funds. Finally we were able to get him some things and now I realize he kind of has a hard time keeping his pants up. Either he is too skinny or I don't know what else it could be. 18 months was too small, 24 months is sorta too big. It confuses me because he seems like he has a big old baby belly when he's just in a diaper. Huh.

And my favorite, game night. This is a new version of Sorry where you roll the little pieces down your personal mini bowling lane. Great game for kids of the kindergarten age. We got it at the consignment shop when we bought Grant some pants.
John's serious game face.

Well that's all I've got to share. Even though I was/am sick, it was still a great weekend. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world when I get to spend my weekends with my family.




8 comments:

Melanie and Jared said...

I have noticed that 24 month clothes are wider and shorter than 2t clothes. It's so hard keeping kids in clothes! Once you finally get them all the clothes they need, they don't fit anymore! Time to get a job little ones

jane said...

awesome post! Great photos!
I can't wait to gull with Grant and see M's new teeth! And go shopping with J!

l&h

BexxT said...

I was going to tell you the same thing as melanie. We skipped right over 24 month pants (although, there is like one option at Children's place that are long and skinny). Kings wears 2T clothes because they are too long and get skinny enough- even with his "i'm full, frog baby belly."

Missy said...

Loosing a first tooth is exciting! Congrats to Maddy!

Emily Foley said...

The Lego hand-holding has me dying. So hilarious.

And the family game night! So sweet! I bet it means a lot to you to have such a great husband that does these things with your kids. That your kids have a dad like him.

Jennifer S said...

I do feel so lucky and happy for my kids that they have such an amazing dad. I think it's the best thing I ever did. :)

Kelly said...

So great! Loved your post today! It made me happy! I like Johns game face. He means business! So childrens place has adjustable things in their jeans. That is why I buy theirs. You can sometimes find them on sale.

Lori said...

Love it! Grant and Mr. Lego man was priceless. And Maddie is big enough to be loosing teeth? What? Before you know it she'll be graduating. I'm going to have to start threatening my kids that if they keep growing up I'll take away their toys. It's too fast (and not fast enough some days).
And you've kind of inspired me (once again) to start up some kind of game playing night with Parker.