Monday, September 17, 2012

the cape of shame

before I forget, some cute things my kids said/did this past week.

While in nursery in church, Grant was doing great until they started singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and sang, "the daddies on the bus..." Then poor buddy lost it and started wailing, "Daaaadddyyyyy!!" Sad and hilarious!

I tried on one of these things in the store the other day while we were wandering around the mall.
It's one of those shawl/blanket/cape/poncho things. In my defense the one I tried on was cuter than this one, and it looked very fallish and cozy. I turned to Maddy and said, "Hey, I think I might look sorta cute in this. What do you think?"

She studied me carefully and said slowly, "Mommy, no, you look...crazy. And like a Granny.... (long pause as if weighing how her next statement would be taken, and then decided to go for it)...a Granny that doesn't have any money."

I lost it in the middle of the store. So funny.

Anyway, in honor of that window shopping, I thought it would be fun to show the stuff I saw and took pictures of at Target this past visit to get diapers. They had so much great stuff and I had fun. I felt really dorky taking pictures, but I figured this would be a good post for anyone in my family that complains/thinks that I'm difficult to shop for. These are all my style and cheapish. Anyway, I'll show you what I liked, it was fun.

 okay I actually don't think I would use these canisters because I have sugar and flour canisters that I keep off the counters, but aren't they cute? chalkboard on the side.
 That is a squirrel on top of a cookie jar. For some reason, that touched my happy place deeply.
 I bet my Mom is thinking right now, I could totally make one of those. To which I reply, get crocheting woman, this thing was amazing! :) The stitches (or loops or whatever you call them) were really big, which you can't tell from the picture. It was awesome.
 These just caught my fancy. I don't think I would want them persay, they were just sort of retro and cute.
 See?
 Okay, I liked these, but I mostly thought they were my sister's style. True or false Kelly?
 LOVED this lamp. Maybe because it looks like a chubby lady trying to look cute in the belt-around-your-waist style. I dunno. I just like it. I don't get all freudian on my likes.
 My favorite things of the days. I want one in each size. I don't know why, I just love them!
 I have a definite love for the equestrian thing.  I wanted to put these in my cart so dang bad (the one above and below).
 I'm a dork I guess, but...wowsa.

 You can lead your vase to water, but you can't make it drink.
I don't know what in the world I would do with porcupine candles, but it just makes me happy that they exist out there in the world.

There are some really genius people at Target, that's all that I can say. All my fellow Tarjay addicts, feel free to admit to it in the comments.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

May I just say that if you love squirrel topped cookie jars Mom may have a salt and pepper shaker combo that you'd adore.

Melanie and Jared said...

I don't often actually laugh out loud, but i literally did at maddy.

luvnmy10 said...

Thanks for giving me my target fix without having to leave home--you save me $100 at least, since I can never leave that store without spending at least that much! For the record, I love the squirrel topped jar, too--so cute! And, I think you would totally rock that cape!

Emily Foley said...

I haven't even been inside a Target in 2 months. Blast. I love that place. Also, the cape made me burst out laughing. I was trying to read it to my husband and I actually snorted. You have a funny, funny kid.

RaeLynn said...

LOL "I don't all Freudian on my likes". Awesome. I literally cannot go into Target unless we have money to spend. Instead of walking out empty handed, I'd probably just end up stealing something...