Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My excitment is building

because I got two new dressers today at the Habitat for Humanity Restore and that means I have furniture projects.

It has been so long since I have painted/refinished/fancied up something that I almost feel dorky with the level of excitement I feel. I needed to get two new dressers because I have two dressers that are currently falling apart. I guess I shouldn't feel surprised since one was from a thrift store (and made of particle board), and the other was free on the curb (and made of particle board). You get what you pay for (or don't pay for).

This time I got a really good deal on two REAL WOOD dressers from the same set. One will be to hold our t.v. and all of the kids toys downstairs and the other is going in Madsy's closet.

I will post some before pictures once John gets home and helps me take one out of the back of the van. I still have to go back and get the other one tomorrow.

So I'm sorry for this lame-ish post. I just couldn't keep the nerdiness to myself.

3 comments:

RaeLynn said...

No apologies necessary! If you find joy in ANYTHING in life, you take it and run with it. That's my new mantra :) Allow yourself to geek out to the MAX about whatever the heck you want to,

jane said...

Nothin; nerdy about it!
I'm excited, too! Can't wait to see before & after pix!

love and hugs

Emily Foley said...

I have two falling apart dressers too! Send some of those my way!