Wednesday, May 22, 2013

middle child syndrome and HI

So.

You probably thought I'd gone and abandoned this blog completely. Well....yeah, me too.

I, in fact, don't really know if people still check this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if you are anything like me you just read blogs from your google reader (p.s. You should switch to feedly, it's great and google reader is going to disappear soon), and so this little blog post will pop up on your feed.

So, I'm back. I think what I have finally figured out is that I need a zone that I can have private and a zone where I can have most people. I have finally given myself permission to (try) not to care what people think of my neurotic craziness with switching blogs around. This sort of thing happens when you're a sensitive people pleasing middle child. :) Of course, it also happens when you feel that your privacy and safety has been breached. Having said that, I felt like coming back on here to say hello again.

Latest updates:



1. we are under contract for a house (!!)

2. it is a ranch style house (first time ever owning a ranch style and am pumped)

3. the kitchen needs updating (I'm both excited and tired just thinking about the shenanigans I'm going to probably bring upon myself because of this. it will all be slowly, surely, cheaply done though.)

4. I have a cuckoo clock that I never told you about (I bought it while at my Mom's during Easter and I have refused to hang it until we are in our new house. It is my house warming present to myself).

5. the house has a covered back porch (I am already imagining the strings of tiny globe lights I want to hang out there a la Olive Garden)

6. it also has a fenced back yard (imagine, the kids will be contained and I will finally be able to breathe a sigh of relief....until they find some other trouble to get into)

7. I was freaked out about being under contract with a house for the first 3-4 days (My fall back emotional response these days is PANIC EVERYONE!! and then I calm down)

8. it is not a super small house like I thought we would get, and it's definitely not a big house. (Just like the three bears and goldilocks, we found one that was just right)

9. there are four bedrooms in this house (which means a room for you to come and visit and stay)

10. and best of all the trees. large, mature, beautiful trees. (privacy is my new favorite house feature)



so of course we're still in the beginning stages and something could still potentially go wrong--knock on wood-- but I am finally giving myself permission to be happy and excited about it. the closing day is still a ways off, but it is nice to not be checking listings out fifty times a day trying to catch a good deal.

So, with all of that said, Roll Call, anyone still here?

14 comments:

Melanie and Jared said...

Here! You popped up on my feedly right as I checked it. I'm so oblivious I just assumed it was your other blog. I love the excitement of your new house. I hope it all works out beautifully

Amy said...

Still here! Thanks for the tip on feedly- I have been in a panic as of late that my reader was going away. LOVE the new house!! We bought a ranch house (first timers also) and I love it more than I ever thought I would. I always pictured living in a two story. I can't wait to see what kind of fabulous you do to that kitchen. You are amazing!!

RaeLynn said...

Here :) I'm so glad you mentioned feebly because I've been wondering about what to use!!

Peg said...

I was just getting ready to email Emily and ask if you had another blog! Yeah, you're back nd I am happy! Love the house!

Emily Foley said...

Oh. Hurray! I love it. 4 bedrooms is my white whale. I'll never find it. I can't wait to see what you do with the kitchen.

Jodi Reeve said...

Love the house! Glad you found exactly what you wanted/needed!

Katamaran said...

Welcome back! I've missed you! Hope that's not too weird! :0) CONGRATS on the new house!

Missy said...

Hey! Always here for you. Love the new house!

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Love it! I've only lived in ranches, with the exception of a house we rented in Union City. You'll love it. So much easier to vacuum, laundry, etc.

luvnmy10 said...

Count me in! I love the house! How fun and exciting!

Bryan said...

Still here, nerd. I never see anything on your other blog, though. I forgot you had another blog and have been wondering when you'd post something again :)

liz said...

Love your house!!! I can't wait to see what you do. I love your projects. You're so talented and brave. Glad you're blogging.

Carrie said...

Wahoo! It's so cute and so many possibilities!

Dee in BC said...

So glad you're back! & your new house is beautiful. It looks like a great layout & is bright & sunny. I've been reading your blog for a while & am sure you'll have the new house looking like your home in no time. Congrats!