Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lucky Days

Today's update!

1. John got a new job! It's a pay raise, it's still in Charlotte. We are THRILLED!


2. I am in LOVE with my book today. I have good days and bad days. Today was a fantastic day. I got so much done and for the first time ever I wish I could sit down and read my own book and find out what is going to happen! Since this is my first time trying to write a book, I'm not sure if that should have been the case all along. But even if it is, I'll still take is as a good sign! Look, it's not going to be literature, but it is entertaining and exciting and I think the characters are lovely. I think John finally being finished with interviewing and figuring out the best company cleared up my block. Monday was an excruciating writing day as I waited to hear what would happen. But I am relentless and committed to this project and I made myself do the work and sit down. Creativity is 95% work and showing up and just trying. BUT.  It's much easier to be creative when you're not stressed or distracted! :)
mine didn't look this professional....but close-ish

3. My friend invited us over last night for their St. Patrick's Day feast. I hadn't planned a single thing so I was pretty happy to accept. I bought a bunch of fruit and made one of those fruit rainbows I see everywhere. Easy, delicious, fun. Best part was when Maddy told everyone in her very sad voice that the leperchauns didn't visit us this year and she didn't know why. Looks like when you do something one year (like three years ago) that you are committing yourself to hanging their spoons from the chandelier for LIFE.
I'm having a great day. Hope the sun in shining on you wherever you are too!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for all the good news! I'm so happy for you and John. You deserve lots of sunshine in your life. ❤️

Carrie said...

Poor little Maddie....you really burst her bubble. You are usually so creative for your holidays so I totally get her disappointment!! But on the other hand, I can see why you were distracted! So happy things worked out well for everyone...new job, pretty rainbow and a dinner invite!

luvnmy10 said...

I hope the new job is awesome! I love your blog.