Wednesday, May 6, 2015

good things

Time for something a little bit lighter on this blog, wouldn't you say?

Man there has been enough bad news lately at our house. I've decided that what is needed is a fresh start. Funny how when you decide on something as arbitrary as a "fresh start" how much is actually helps your mindset. I decided it on Monday, and this week has been much easier for me to handle. Must be that whole idea of what you put out into the world comes back to you? I actually hope that's not true because that means that before now I was putting out the vibes that made our hot water heater and van and air conditioner break amongst other bad occurrences. That's bad juju.

Anyway, how about some things that are going well/that I'm enjoying/wishing for currently.

1. I still really like my phone case. Small and simple things count right?



2. My sister bought her first house! They've had such a long road to this day, and I'm SO happy for them.

view from their new backyard, isn't it beautiful??


3. I have accepted spinach as a necessary and even delicious part of my life. My body thanks me.

4. I am almost finished with the massive re-writing of the beginning of my book. That means that very soon I will be back to writing original content. I just may actually finish someday! (whether or not it's good or sellable is a whole other ball of wax).

5. Taylor Swift. I like her songs...just like everyone else.

6. Just discovered the plus sized clothes on this site. I already want about $759 worth of stuff. Most especially I am wanting a new dress for Maddy's baptism in July. I'm saving up.



7. My sister sent me some earrings from World Market to cheer me up this past week. Made my whole week.



8. This cleaner really works great in bathrooms.



9. I found this house and want to move in tomorrow. But seriously, I'm pretty sure those doors were painted yellow just for me! (and 16 acres!)


10. We've been doing this chore chart and it is working really well! (I had to add a few of my own chore cards that they didn't have, but it was worth it). I even bought the same pocket chart. That thing is amazing.



That's all I've got. What's been going on in your neck of the woods?

3 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Love the chore chart! Fun idea. Life is definitely about the little things, even a cute cell phone case :)

luvnmy10 said...

The yellow doors are my favorite, too. And Taylor Swift just seems like she's rooted and I like her quirky/incredible business savvy ness.445

Emily Foley said...

I love all your stuff! I'm happy for your sister, but a little jealous. My friend from here just moved to NC and bought a house on 20 acres that looks a bit like that but bigger. She's so lucky! Love the doors and porch. Nothing good happening here, it's been a super crappy weekend. But I'll be happy reading your happiness. :)